2015年10月22日星期四

TPE and Sustainable Yoga Mats

TPE and Sustainable Yoga Mats

  • Author:tony
  • Release on :2015-10-23

When I wrote my column on acceptable yoga mats, I was missing advice about TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer), the a lot of accepted actual acclimated in non-natural yoga mats these days. It replaced the ultra-bad PVC and is advised bigger for you, but in my opinion, it’s still not the acknowledgment and cannot be advised a acceptable material.
I mentioned that I was consulting with a bio-chemist acquaintance (and Ashtanga yoga practitioner) and actuality is what he had to say about TPE:
“TPEs are able compounds that can yield the abode of rubbers or PVC in manufacturing. They are about abundant added abiding and safer than PVC. It looks like their use in the medical industry is exploding for this reason. Here’s a description of one TPE and its medical applications, and addition use [in] orthodontic baby pacifiers. TPEs can aswell be antibacterial application a amount of methods, [and] some of these ability abase PVC into baneful mush. They are aswell acclimated abundantly in toys. [I] don’t see big red flags apropos toxicity amidst the six TPE variants, which is a absolute sign, [and] Greenpeace doesn’t cover it in its baneful pyramid of plastics.
“[However,] a lot of acceptable TPEs are petroleum-derived. A contempo above about-face is the development of TPEs that are not fossil-based, application instead renewable biomass (corn, vegetable oil) and bolt (e.g. polyester). These are boring replacing the fossil-based materials.”

1 条评论:

  1. I hope everyone like this information they shared as I do. Really great information.
    TPU Lay Flat Hose

    回复删除